Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Colors make me happy!


I know so many of you family and friends think I am crazy for my love of color and "different" patterns. For some reason color makes me so happy and love to use as much as possible.  ;)  Picking out bedding for this baby has been a difficult task!  a) I don't know what "sparky" is....b) I don't like a lot of the "crib in a bag" options out there....c) I have become obsessed with fabrics during this search!  As I have recently posted about the passing of my Grammy a lot of reflection has occurred within me.  One thing I have realized is just how much I regret not learning to sew during those months I spent with her as a kid!!!!  So I am determined in honor of my Grammy I will learn one of these days!  I am not sure if Ryan is on board with this or not....he knows me and has seen the "obsession" with fabrics occur and I think it kind of scares him.  (Fabric isn't cheap)  ;)  Many of you have asked to see what the Nursery looks like.  Well here are my fabric and pattern choices.  ;) 


Michael Miller Giraffe Garden in Grey - Crib sheet and Changing pad cover











Amy Butler Full Moon in Slate - Crib sheet





Michael Miller Flora And Fauna Luna Moth in Lime - Crib Skirt








Jessica Levitt Pear in Mist Timber - Bumper Pad


And if baby "sparky" is a girl I want to add these 2 fabrics to give it a "girly" touch.  




Here is the nursery so far....




I am so lucky to have a momma and mother in law who are very talented..."Sparky's" Nana is painting some fun art for the room and "Sparky's" Grans is making a quilt with the coordinating fabrics for the nursery.  

We are getting so excited to finally meet this baby Ryan has lovingly named "Sparky"!!!  I guess I need to give an explanation on this name of choice.  No...we are really not naming the baby Sparky.  However calling our little one an "it" started to really freak me out so that is why Ryan came up with Sparky.  ;) As far as the real name for the baby goes....that is a whole new world.  Let's just say name choices are very difficult for Ryan and I to agree on.  Hopefully we have them narrowed down now and this baby will have a name come delivery time.  Speaking of delivery....19 days till induction date!  I am happy to report that as of yesterday I am 2cm dilated and 70% effaced!!!!  Yay for baby time soon!  

2 comments:

  1. i picked so many of those same fabrics for betsy's room! the giraffe garden is going on a pillow and in the quilt i'm making for the bed in her room. that amy butler "girlie" pattern you chose is her valence! pics here(these pics are not of the finished room) - we went all DIY because I hated the bed in a bag choices for girls: http://talesofahummingbird.blogspot.com/2010/03/nursery-progress.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh fun!!! Isn't DIY so much more exciting than buying a bed in a bag? I have had a blast with this!!! When did you learn to sew? I have a sewing machine I just need to learn! I love Betsy's room and also her name is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete