Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Faith continues to grow!

We have finally reached some more answers in Molly's health. Recent testing has indicated that Molly's immune system isn't working properly. This could simply be due to an immature immune system or an immune disorder/disease. This coming Thursday Molly was scheduled to have her adenoids removed and tubes placed in her ears. After the appointment with the specialist today the surgery has been placed on hold. Recent blood work shows that Molly’s pneumococcal antibody levels are abnormally low. The specialist re-administered the pneumococcal and diphtheria tetanus vaccines this afternoon.

In 6 weeks we will go back to have the blood work redone. We are praying for Molly’s antibody levels to rise. If the levels do rise this will mean she just has an immune system that is immature and needs time to develop fully. However, if the levels do not rise an immune disease/disorder will be the cause for all the infections and more testing will be required. We are so thankful to have doctors that we trust and have a close relationship with to guide us through this process. Switching pediatricians as been one of the best things we have done for Molly. More importantly we serve a God who has a plan for our little lady.

As I drove home today I watched her sleep and I was amazed at how peaceful she is even through all of this. She has no idea what is happening and she forgets all the procedures she has endured. What an amazing thing! We are blessed with a child who is so full of life and personality that it is a great distraction from all the worry. No matter the outcome of the next round of tests we know that Molly is one happy lady who will live a full life!!

Well Baby number 2 isn't making pregnancy the easiest thing in the world. ;) I have been instructed to relax more and stay off my feet when I am feeling pressure and pain. Seriously...how has time to rest? This is a major battle for me and I am trying my best knowing it's what is best for our little one. Can't wait to see what we are having. It is really interesting to see how people react to us not finding out the gender of this baby. I go back and forth...some days I am totally on board with the waiting idea and then there are others than I am full of anxiety and wonder. It definitely makes the wait interesting. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment